Kune Kune Issue - Please help :)

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #37683 by mister2630
HI all
We had two Kune Kune pigs up until Saturday just gone. Not even one year old, and one of them got out, electocuted himself on a fence at the neighbours trying to get to the sow. So we now have one beautiful male Kune left without his friend. What i really need to know is what to do from here. We are going away on holiday in three weeks, for 12 days, can I get him another friend to hang out with? Not sure about introducing a new pig to him. Was thinking about getting another piglet. Any advice would be greatly received, as I am at a bit of a loss what to do. We were thinking of giving him to the local animal farm, but to be honest I really don't want to do that as love him to bits ! Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #487833 by igor
Welcome aboard.
I'd be a bit careful about introducing another pig. They are likely to fight. We have kept boars together but they have always been litter mates and never seperated
Once we took a runty piglet out to hand feed as the sow didn't have enough teats for all of them and she was missing out. When we tried to put them all back together the others tried to kill her.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #487867 by katieb
I assume hes entire...get him castrated after you get home if you dont want to breed from him then get him a similar sized friend either female or castrated male

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds