Kapiti Coast

More
9 years 9 months ago #37559 by motherof8
Kapiti Coast was created by motherof8
Hi ya,

We've been living on our LSB for over a year now. Currently we have 1 horse (we both ride) 1 goat, 20 chickens (more arriving on Thursday lol), 2 dogs and a ton of kids (12 but only 4 living at home now).
My partner is an ex Farm Manager, for 18 yrs he would take dead farms and bring them back into full production, now he's a Professional Pest Controller.
I grew up running around farms, in the bush and helping my mother run her plant nursery. I stay at home and run around after the animals and kids lol.

Looking forward to maybe finding new idea's on how to do things and helping out with any advice we can help others with.

:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #486621 by ZummersetGirl
Replied by ZummersetGirl on topic Kapiti Coast
Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of info, support and laughter on this site. Where on the Kapiti Coast are you? I have a pico lsb in Te Horo. With more chickens arriving I assume you love chickens :D I have 5 but would like more after the winter. I can spend hours watching them.

More
9 years 9 months ago #486629 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Kapiti Coast
Hi, I am in Otaki also with goats and chickens and also on the lookout for more chickens. Growing stuff is my main passion.

More
9 years 9 months ago #486633 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Kapiti Coast
Heading that way next week to sit cows in Levin while owners away...good to have a decent look around the place :)

PS am bringing the rain with me again, Taranaki getting the benefit of it at the moment for the three days I am here...[}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
9 years 9 months ago #486634 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Kapiti Coast

reggit;490920 wrote:
PS am bringing the rain with me again,

Oh no you aren't! it has been throwing down for several days now, you are likely to need waders not gum boots when you get there!

More
9 years 9 months ago #486635 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Kapiti Coast

kai;490921 wrote: Oh no you aren't! it has been throwing down for several days now, you are likely to need waders not gum boots when you get there!

Haha, good, it's not me then [}:)] and yes, I have lots of wet weather gear and woollies...but not waders - YET!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
9 years 9 months ago #486639 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Kapiti Coast
Yes, 75mm in Levin so far this month and everywhere is nicely green, if not lots of it! So that means continuing feeding hay/baleage as we have been doing now for a couple of months-so as to let the rest come away more.
I managed to get across the stream in my red bands this morning, but it did lap over the top once!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds