Townies turned country

More
8 years 4 months ago #37119 by davekylie
Hi all

my partner and I have just bought 11 acres of bare land and we're ready to build. We found this website and I think it's fantastic how much people are willing to help each other, I can see myself checking it daily!

We are very much townies, so even buying the land was a huge learning experience for us! (hectares!? acres!? WHAT!?) [:I]

Nevertheless we are here to learn and look forward to getting advice. We will gratefully return the favour one day down the track when we have more experience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #482143 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Townies turned country
Ask away! This site was a lifesaver for me when I first went 'country' :D and met lots of lovely local folk through it also in the 'real' world.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
8 years 4 months ago #482144 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Townies turned country
What part of the country?

More
8 years 4 months ago #482228 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Townies turned country
2.4 acres to the hectare. A hectare is 100 meters square, think 2 rugby fields side by side

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

More
8 years 3 months ago #482807 by Negodil
Replied by Negodil on topic Townies turned country
Welcome Davekylie. You're right, this is a great site. Very friendly and helpful people. Whatever stock or crops you have, someone here will have the same and be able to help you.

Good luck.

Fairhaven Alpacas, breeding champion Suri alpaca in Temuka

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds