Nelson newbie

More
10 years 4 months ago #37068 by Mollymoo
Nelson newbie was created by Mollymoo
Hello, We have been growing our own fruit and veg and keeping chooks and pigs for about three years, we have just moved from one side of Nelson to the other and have acquired six sheep, two horses and two Dexter heifers in addition to the chooks, dogs, cats and cockatiels. We have about six acres which is mostly hilly. I've been mining the forum for information for the last four years and thought it was about time I stopped lurking and joined up! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #481604 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Nelson newbie
Welcome! :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #481609 by wandering free
Replied by wandering free on topic Nelson newbie
Hi and welcome, not much use welcoming you to Nelson you are already here, and how are you handling the humidity, phew it's hot, but still can't be beaten.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

More
10 years 4 months ago #481623 by Mollymoo
Replied by Mollymoo on topic Nelson newbie
It's scorching here, we have only been in NZ for three and a half years and I'm still surprised by how hot Nelson gets in February! I still love it though, it's an amazing place to live. :D We started off in Wakefield and now we are in Hira.

More
10 years 3 months ago #481654 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Nelson newbie
Welcome, but you shifted the wrong way!!! LOL[8D][8D]

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
10 years 3 months ago #481673 by Mollymoo
Replied by Mollymoo on topic Nelson newbie
I love Wakefield especially 88 Valley, we almost bought a lifestyle block up there, but OH got a new job in Nelson so we had to move closer to town. I miss the bakery and my vege garden!

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds