Greetings from Whangarei

More
10 years 4 months ago #36855 by seatil
I've been lurking here for what seems forever, and posting a bit more recently, so I figure it's time to introduce myself.

My OH and I have a small 2Ha lifestyle block just outside Whangarei. We've been here since June last year. On the block we have 4 South Suffolk sheep, 2 Anglo Nubian goats, 80-something olive trees (minus the half tree that fell down in yesterday's winds), 9 Silver Appleyard ducks, 4 Indian Runner ducks and too many chickens to count.

We moved up here from the Waitakere Ranges, west of Auckland as we wanted a bit more space and didn't want to pay the prices asked in Auckland! OH has family up here too, and I think they like that we've moved closer. :D

My main interest is the chickens and our "Motzle" breeding project (big, mottled, frizzled chickens).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #479587 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Greetings from Whangarei
Hi from sunny Helena Bay :D

Web Goddess

More
10 years 4 months ago #479591 by linda
Replied by linda on topic Greetings from Whangarei
Hi Seatil,
We too moved from the Waitakere`s up here 6 years ago. Much more relaxed life now. We are still westies, just Whangarei westies !
A friend near here breeds the large Frizzles as well.
Welcome to the site.

13 acres in poroti,northland
www.justsoap.co.nz

More
10 years 4 months ago #479595 by seatil
Replied by seatil on topic Greetings from Whangarei
Thanks for the welcomes.

Linda - I may know that friend of yours if she's the one who recently added a petrol pump to her garden. ;-) We got our original "BottleBrush" hen and "Spike" roo from her.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds