The Little Urban Farmer-ette: A New Member

More
8 years 5 months ago #36770 by Kotahi
Hello!
I'm Sandra & live in a rural-ish Suburb of Dunedin. I have two hens, four quail, two bunnies, four guinea pigs, and two dogs. I stumbled across this site while looking for information on dosage rates for Ivomec (Ivermectin) for my girls (hens). Because I found this site really interesting, and hope one day in the not too distant future to have a little lifestyle block of my own, I thought I'd join so I can follow discussions and glean heaps of information, hints, ideas, and a dose of reality about having ones own life style block. So 'hi everyone' [:I]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #478658 by kindajojo
Hi and welcome, no doubt use will help you with the chicken dosing.

More
8 years 5 months ago #478662 by shad297
Welcome Kotahi - this is a great site with heaps of helpful knowledgeable people.
kindajojo has been hitting the bottle again - I think she meant to say 'Sue' not 'use' ha ha! dammit she's in my town too, I'd better keep my head down.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
8 years 5 months ago #478667 by Sue
So did you find the ivermectin dose rate??

0.1ml per kg of bodyweight (remember 0.1, not 1ml!)

Dropped on the bare skin underneath the wing. Hold bird by its legs and it opens its wings out.

0.1ml equals about 1 small drop-so 1 drop for a 1kg bantam sized bird, 2 drops for a Shaver sized 2kg bird and 3 drops for the big Sussex, barred Rock type hens and 4 drops for very big roosters 5kgs plus.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
8 years 5 months ago #478675 by LongRidge
.... and a little bit too much is far better than a bit too little .... The overdose tolerance is reasonably safe.
Of course, why do you think they need it? Don't drench if they don't need it.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds