Kwerky at Foxton

More
8 years 6 months ago #36668 by Kwerky
Kwerky at Foxton was created by Kwerky
Hi all, I am a newbie here. I live over Foxton way, and last year acquired 3/4 acre plot just out of Foxton. It is bare land and I am hoping to build next year. I have a passionate feeling for being as self sufficient as I can. Yesterday on Trademe, I found a trader that sells sheds built to any level, with 600mm spacers, so it can be converted to a dwelling. (Lifestyle Sheds). I wanted to have a composting loo and a simple grey water system, but because my land is under 4ha, I have to have a secondary waste water treatment system. I feel really disappointed that they brought this new rule in just six months ago. I CAN have the composting loo - if I fork out for a special permit......... $2-3,000. But I can't afford to be green. I would like to grow vegetables, fruit, nuts, herbs, and have chickens - want to keep it vegetarian, so won't have any other stock. The land is sandy, and I believe the water table is high - about a metre, but it fluctuates with the seasons.
Of course, I could build a house on a b train (in which case it would be 20 metres long, and I would end up with 70m2 of house with overhangs and popouts. I would also dig the trailer into the ground by half a metre, to keep airflow, but gain warmth from the ground, but it's still on wheels, so I could have my composting loo, create a simple grey water system (which I know how to do), and no permit required because it's on wheels. I would be glad for your knowleagable knowledge. Cheers!! Kwerky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #477551 by Kwerky
Replied by Kwerky on topic Kwerky at Foxton
Oh, also, I have a 10 x 30 metre strip at the end of my land which is a ROW, but it's been a ROW so long, that I believe I could reclaim it, (as the neighbour says). But I am planning the devote this entire strip to wild flowers, for bee food. Is there anyone local who would like to keep a beehive on my land? It would be well hidden - I know that hives have been having a rash of thefts lately (I can't understand that at all, but they must be experienced with bees???)

More
8 years 6 months ago #477561 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Kwerky at Foxton
Hi Kwerky,
Welcome and god luck with it all.
You might need to check with your Council regarding the consent issues. Here, having your building on wheels doesn't negate the need for consent if you connect it to drains, such as a grey water system, or if you have it in one place for more than 30 days...

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds