new to all of this - grazing canterbury

More
8 years 8 months ago #36179 by countrybunkin37
Hi I am just getting into the rural life, currently grazing 8 sheep/lambs on land I lease, looking for some more land (that's affordable) to lease ideally would love to be able to find somewhere me and kids can live on land with our sheep and chooks, maybe a run down farm cottage or even just allowed to place a caravan/temporary accommodation building on it with a paddock near on an existing farm? Trouble is Canterbury is still very much unaffordable so at the moment I am spending huge $$ donating to the petrol station to allow me to check on our very spoilt sheep.

I am a single mum with 4 kids, just wondering how is the best way to try and get myself rural living creating a better life for all of us, where I am not in the position to buy. Wanting to get away from where I am, have aweful neighbours who doesn't appreciate a lamb or two visiting from time to time lol.

Any ideas welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #472710 by igor
Find a single farmer whose company you enjoy?

More
8 years 8 months ago #472927 by countrybunkin37
nah too much hassle :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #477746 by CJMurray
Hi
I am looking to do the same thing. I live in southbridge but next year am looking at selling my house, buying a big US travel trailer/caravan and find some land to lease to live on. I have 2 young children. I am quite excited by the prospect. have you managed to find anything yet?

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds