crossing the sea :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #36174 by pixie_meggie
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be moving to the Taumarunui area in just 2 weeks from Australia. Its a very exciting move for our family of 4. We currently have about 1 acre of land on the sunshine coast Australia and will be moving to a block of a similar size, so not big but just large enough for us to have some chooks and maybe a couple of goats.

Just trying to figure out now where to get our chooks, goats and pet rabbits from when we get there as i'm after certain types. I guess i better do another post.

I'll keep browsing the posts and look forward to getting back to basics when we arrive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #472671 by Belle Bosse
Replied by Belle Bosse on topic crossing the sea :)
Hi and best wishes for your move "across the ditch"!
One of these days Im hoping a bridge will be built to span "the ditch"...

More
8 years 8 months ago #472673 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic crossing the sea :)
Congrats on coming this way. Embrace your community and they will have all the info for you, or know some one who will.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
8 years 8 months ago #472677 by pixie_meggie
Replied by pixie_meggie on topic crossing the sea :)
thanks guys, looking forward to meeting new people.

More
8 years 8 months ago #472711 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic crossing the sea :)
www.trademe.co.nz seems to be the way most NZer's do their buying and selling which I found odd at first as we don't really have anything like it apart from E*ay in Aussie. You will be surprised at some of the crap that gets traded on there, as well as some really good stuff.

Have you been to NZ before or have family here? Would you mind if I suggested that if you haven't and dont, rent for a while rather than buy and have a good look around.

NZ is diversified and so very very different to aussie in so many ways.

(I married a Kiwi Country boy back in Aussie so was travelling back and forth for many many years before permanently moving across the ditch 5 years ago this month. its changed a huge amount in that time and there are a lot of immigrants coming in bring further change with them, estate agents lurve new immigrants :rolleyes:. )

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds