Hi from rural South Auckland

More
10 years 4 months ago #36146 by Baroque
Hi Everyone!

I breed Spanish horses and am just getting into breeding Arapawa sheep mainly to limit the pasture to help keep my horses weight down.

I'm trying to find a mobile shearer who is able to come to my place to shear my small flock, does anyone have any contacts who shear around South Auckland?

I have yards and power available, just no desire to shear them myself.... :D the guy I used last year has gone AWOL and I'm having problems finding someone.

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #472417 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Hi from rural South Auckland
Hi Baroque and welcome
Sometimes it pays to ask neighbours, if they also have sheep, as you can both get the shearer at the same time and i think they prefer working like that.
I havent used him myself but some say 0800 shearer is good as he travels all around the place and could do yours as well
It pays to ask early as everyone wants their sheep done at the same time ie as soon as it warms up
good luck

More
10 years 4 months ago #472436 by Baroque
Thanks Muri! All sorted, the shearer is coming on Saturday. :)

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

More
10 years 4 months ago #472453 by terralee

Baroque;475209 wrote: Thanks Muri! All sorted, the shearer is coming on Saturday. :)

Hey there Baroque ...we are new (ish) to Waikato and looking to track down a shearer too ...we have our own shearing plant and Terry has built a nice shearing shed area and we have a generator to power the shearing plant ...but we do not have a shearer yet:rolleyes: ...where does your one come from and any chance he does out our way???
Please can you inquire for us :) or give us his phone number :)

Thanks and Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
10 years 4 months ago #472459 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Hi from rural South Auckland
Posts on here previously for recommended shearers in the general area...

More
10 years 4 months ago #472743 by Baroque
There's a shearer from Franklin who advertises on Trademe in the services section who apparently does bits of the Waikato.

He may be worth a call and I've heard good things about him from several people but have not used him myself. :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #506968 by aaronpryce

Baroque;475209 wrote: Thanks Muri! All sorted, the shearer is coming on Saturday. :)

Hi Baroque, we are new to Sth East Auckland and have a few sheep that we need to find a shearer for. Are you able to PM details of yours if they operate near Whitford? Many thanks!

More
8 years 6 months ago #510668 by Peterkit03
Hi,I'm from south Auckland too, looking for someone to shear 2 black face sheep. Neighbour sold their section and left 2 sheep at my back paddock, not friendly sheep. Don't know what to do. When we FOUND them over there, they had a baby but die. Obviously I didn't get to it sooner. QuestionS time. Wife want to keep them. What to do with them? How to look after them? How many babies do they have? Because we can't get them to the front paddock yet, i got my calves to stay with them until I move the calves to another paddock hoping the sheep's might follow, am I doing the right thing? Thank you all.

More
7 years 7 months ago #523718 by Bowpeep
Hi there, I know this is very late but might need me this coming spring.
I'm a sheep shearer. Very experienced. I've travelled around the world shearing and work full time in the summer for large station farms.
I'm very respectful of your sheep as we have pet sheep too and love them.
I have a dog for mustering and equipment. If you need me let me know as I can only do it before mid October as that's when I start shearing all the large farms. I'll be doing north Auckland, Rodney, south Auckland and Franklin.
Would be good to have your neighbours organised at the same time and halve your travelling cost (saves me time too).
027 3731587

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds