Lifes a struggle

More
8 years 9 months ago #36042 by rotors
Lifes a struggle was created by rotors
Hi everyone,
We have had chickens now for 4 years or so. We had the luxury of baby chicks also - was a delight that was. Such fond memories.
However this year my husband is suffering depression, and I am struggling to keep on top of all the jobs around the place.
We only have 2 hens left. They are both about 3-4 years old. One goes clucky sometimes and needs to be cooled down to get back on the lay, the other is brown shaver and just keeps giving.
I love them both dearly, but they are just another job to do at the moment, and would really love to find another home for them. I don't know anyone else who has hens, so if you are interested can you please reply? We live in Takanini, Auckland and are happy to drop them off on the weekend if you're not too far away.

MM and myself on 4.2 acre orchard: Apple, Pear, Plum, Peach, Orange, Lemon, Mandarin, Fig, Apricot and Feijoa.
Plus 1 Dog (Whippet Kelpie cross), 2 Cat, 5 Sheep, Lots of hens and ducks - they keep moving so makes counting hard!! LOL And just recently 3 canadian geese

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #471249 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Lifes a struggle
hey Rotors, sorry to hear your news! Are you all getting help through your Doctor and family with managing the depression? Its a big thing in my greater maternal family and only as I have got older, have some of my family's stories come out as to what they were going through and its helped us all share for the first time.

Its really important that you have someone to talk too.

re the chickens, I am sorry I can't take them as we have too many, but you could list them on TM for a newbie. I also find with the clucky ones its just easier to buy in fertile eggs and let them bring on new babies, however right now understand this isn't what you need.

all the best!

More
8 years 9 months ago #471261 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Lifes a struggle
Hang in there rotors and hubby :o hope that someone comes forward who can help rehome your chooks.

Speaking from experience...don't lose/give away all the things that have made you smile in the past...important for both of you to have things that make it worth getting out of bed in the mornings...especially for hubby at this time [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
8 years 9 months ago #471265 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Lifes a struggle
I hope things get better for you both soon. Depression isn't an easy thing to deal with, but things do improve. It's a case of finding what works: time, meds, therapy. For me the right combo of all three finally did the job. It certainly helps that people understand the issue more now.

Good luck with your rehoming. Sorry we can't help out.

More
8 years 9 months ago #471281 by zellakanzx
Replied by zellakanzx on topic Lifes a struggle
i could possibly hold them for you till things settle down, i am in auckland this weekend. 0220140727
cheers
rob

cheers
rob

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds