Hello from the mighty manawatu :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #35798 by Del
Hi everyone, I've spent so much time stalking this forum that I felt I really should register and say hello...

We're on a little block. Just a hectare. We didn't plan for it to become "lifestyley" we just wanted space and quiet. We've got part of the section with established bush and a stream, and on the other half have built, planted hundreds of natives and mowed a lot of paddock. Somewhere along the line things changed :D now we have two miniature horses, a flock of chickens, a developing orchard and over 30sqm of vege gardens... I'm not quite sure how that happened! But I'm glad it did!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #468451 by Ruth
Welcome Del. Your place sounds lovely. :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #468470 by kindajojo
Hi del we are out at Halcombe.

More
8 years 10 months ago #468471 by Stu_R
:) hi Del .. in Feilding here and all my animals are out at Awahuri :) .. your place sounds good :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #468472 by kai
hello,where abouts are you? we are in Otaki,b on the boundary for Manawatu

More
8 years 10 months ago #468479 by Del
Hi all, thanks so much for the warm welcome :)
Kai, we're in Aokautere (outskirts of Palmy North)

More
8 years 10 months ago #468561 by belinda_h
Kakariki, just over the river in the fabulous Rangitikei. Welcome.

More
8 years 10 months ago #468720 by RayH
Kia ora, in Pohangia Valley here your place sounds great bush and stream im jealous !

More
8 years 10 months ago #468721 by Del

RayH;471149 wrote: Kia ora, in Pohangia Valley here your place sounds great bush and stream im jealous !

:) the funny thing is that the bush and stream was what made me fall in love with the place, yet we've been so busy focusing on trying to transform the 'paddock with a house on it' that we just haven't been spending much time down there. Must do something about it - it's just so peaceful and soul nurturing down there...

More
8 years 10 months ago #468742 by kate

Del;471150 wrote: :) the funny thing is that the bush and stream was what made me fall in love with the place, yet we've been so busy focusing on trying to transform the 'paddock with a house on it' that we just haven't been spending much time down there.

That sounds familiar....we bought this block because of the beautiful bush block with waterfalls and wide streams...which we've probably visited about ten times in four years [:I][:I] We hope that when we've finished with the house and garden build, the shed(s) build, the fencing, the tracks, the fert and lime, the orchard, the feedlot, the veggie gardens, the weeding and erosion control that we'll get to the bush block more often:rolleyes: If we're not too old to get there!

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
8 years 10 months ago #468766 by Blueberry
haha, Kate, that sounds familiar! We were thrilled with the pockets of bush and the streams on our 50 acre plot when we bought it. Still love it, but, to be perfectly honest, there's places in said bush I have never found the time to go investigate - and we've had the property for 12 years!!!

Perhaps after 'retirement"?? (shortly before we sell and move into town??)

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
8 years 10 months ago #468771 by kate
Apparently we have a 5-acre paddock in the middle of the bush block that we have no idea how to get to :D It doesn't really matter as it's in the area to be covenanted but even so.....

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds