New Settlers in Waerenga

More
8 years 10 months ago #35713 by creekview
Hi this is May and Philip. For approximitely 8 years we frequented our 12 acre block here in Waerenga on weekends, living in our small 58m2 bach and tending to our 'free range' veges and livestock. Eventually we recently had a proper 3 bed dwelling built and gave up the crowded and rushed lifestyle in Auckland to settle here. We have good neighbours and a lovely block with a clean stream flowing 24/7. When we tell people in Auckland that we live in Waerenga it is normal to get the 'where is that' response.:) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467471 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic New Settlers in Waerenga
North of Auckland????? If you post, either with a question or an answer, it is often helpful if your general area is included. That way we can make adjustments for temperature without having to ask where you are each time :-)
Welcome.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467483 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic New Settlers in Waerenga

creekview;469771 wrote: ...a lovely block with a clean stream flowing 24/7. :)

Welcome to the forum. You're very lucky with that stream! Mine only flows during the day and never on a Sunday. [}:)] :D

More
8 years 10 months ago #467497 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic New Settlers in Waerenga

Ruth;469790 wrote: Welcome to the forum. You're very lucky with that stream! Mine only flows during the day and never on a Sunday. [}:)] :D

you should not have allowed it to join the Union, Ruth. as a small employer, you are not obliged to [}:)]:rolleyes::cool:

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
8 years 10 months ago #467544 by michelle84
Replied by michelle84 on topic New Settlers in Waerenga
Hi, welcome to your LSB. My husbands family is all from Waerenga. Nice place.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467556 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic New Settlers in Waerenga
Ruth, you are lucky with that stream. Ours stops work completely if the weather gets too hot..... or too cold. I've given it notice though, so next time, it gets locked out. :-)

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds