Hiya

More
8 years 10 months ago #35695 by Wenz
Hiya was created by Wenz
:D I'm another newbie!! What a great place! I'm on a 15 acre block in Hawkes Bay with a wide range of animals. Lambing just finished successfully with 3 sets of twins from 3 ewes :D and so glad the sleepless nights and trudging out with hot soapy water is all over!!!!!! [:I] Hoping to learn heaps from you all!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467312 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Hiya
Hi Wenz, welcome. :) Hot soapy water? Sounds like a good idea when it's cold to wash your hands afterwards ... what do you use it for?

More
8 years 10 months ago #467324 by Wenz
Replied by Wenz on topic Hiya
Well my ewes were a bit fat :o and Peggy had a breech birth with a leg back so needed help... I didn't have any lube, was worried about the others ..and an old guy told me it was the next best thing [:I] Glad I did though as Sue needed help with a huge lamb. Her second one also had a front leg back so lambing was extremely scary this year!

More
8 years 10 months ago #467402 by Camelotwenz
Replied by Camelotwenz on topic Hiya
Hi Wenz, yep I remember trudging out with buckets of hot soapy water [:I] After our first year of lambing, we learned to have a lambing kit ready and waiting, complete with obstetric lubricant, and other useful things like lamb covers and emergency supply of colostrum. You never know....and it always seems to be when the stores are closed. Having said that, we have rarely had to use them since that first year. :)

Welcome to a great way of life!

More
8 years 10 months ago #467409 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Hiya
Get some lube! :D

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds