Hello from Carrot Country

More
8 years 10 months ago #35580 by daveymg
Hello!

We've been on our 32acre block near Ohakune for 13 years, just discovered LSB. I'm an IT professional, both myself and my wife work full time. When we originally bought our block we were exporting tulips to Japan and the USA, but the fate of that business is another story :)

Right now we have ewes in lamb and until recently had 6 steers.

Love living here, it's a great community and being able to potter around on the farm is a good contrast to my day job.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #466302 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Hello from Carrot Country
I love that part of the country - but then being from the US.. I miss the snow!! :) Always wanted a bach with a hot tub and a view of Ruapehu!!! Welcome to LSB!

More
8 years 10 months ago #466304 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Hello from Carrot Country
Welcome Dave from the mid south. Glad you found lsb in the end as I am glad I did just before we bought, can't even remember how. Awaiting our first lambs too.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
8 years 10 months ago #466411 by RichardW
Replied by RichardW on topic Hello from Carrot Country
Hi Dave and welcome

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/

Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

More
8 years 10 months ago #466454 by Negodil
Replied by Negodil on topic Hello from Carrot Country
Welcome Dave. With 13 years as an LSBer already, your opinions will no doubt be useful to many of us newbies.

Neil

Fairhaven Alpacas, breeding champion Suri alpaca in Temuka

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds