Hello!

More
8 years 11 months ago #35497 by earthgirl
Hello! was created by earthgirl
:)

I've posted on here before, but it's official now that we are the owners of a 3 acre block in Tauwhare... been here for 6 weeks now (where did that time go?).

I've managed to draw up a plan for an orchard and we have yet to get any stock, but are thinking cattle at this stage and maybe a lamb for a really short time just to give the kids the experience (we're not fenced for sheep though yet). The last owners ran cattle.

I'm a newbie to this kind of thing, though have had an interest in organic/permaculture principles for a long time, so have read a bit there. Luckily dh was a farmer in a past life (though he says no experience with a block this small).

So far, I am loving the outlook, the peace and quiet, the birds... not so much the psychotic donkey a few blocks down, but luckily it is far enough to be amusing at this stage. I'm grateful that dh and I are finally in the position to be able to offer this lifestyle to our kids. Of course, we are both working full time to support it :rolleyes:

Anyway, looking forward to being on here a bit more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #465052 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Hello!
An official welcome then earthgirl. Wish I could have offered it to my 6 in their earlier years too. But they are enjoying it as adults, and the Grandkids are flourishing. All the best.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
8 years 11 months ago #465112 by Negodil
Replied by Negodil on topic Hello!
Welcome earthgirl - I like the name! Good luck with the block, it really is a great lifestyle.

Fairhaven Alpacas, breeding champion Suri alpaca in Temuka

More
8 years 10 months ago #467546 by michelle84
Replied by michelle84 on topic Hello!
Hi ya, welcome to Tauwhare. My hubby and I have 2 acres on Tauwhare road. Got a 7 year old at the school. You will love it out here.

Michelle

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds