joining in

More
9 years 1 week ago #35353 by jenni24
joining in was created by jenni24
Hi. Thought I should introduce myself, since I'm loitering around a lot, and learning heaps...:)

We've recently purchased a very small lifestyle property in the hills near Waihi. Its only about 2 acres in size, so more about having a bit of space for our three boys to run around on, than farming, but we are enjoying the opportunities that the extra space has to offer.

Since we moved in about a month ago, we have been busy getting a decent vege patch under way, disposing of several unwanted rodents that had set up residence here, learning about chickens (as we were gifted a couple of pullets on arrival), and researching lawn tractors (which we are fast realising will be a worthwhile investment).

As far as animals go, we only have a mini horse, a goat, a cat, several guinea pigs and the chooks.

We are complete newbies to rural living, so really appreciate the amazing amount of info available on LSB, and the knowledge that is shared. I hope one day, we will be able to contribute knowledge back into the community, rather than just asking endless questions[:I].

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #463601 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic joining in
Hi and welcome jenni24!

Just read spooks little quote, "there are no bad questions, only those which are not asked" or something like that!

I figure that many questions asked are what other were too shy to ask and so the answers may be helpful (or not) to lots of other people who were too shy to ask!

So ask away!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
9 years 1 week ago #463669 by Negodil
Replied by Negodil on topic joining in
Welcome Jenni24, there's plenty of wonderful people willing to share their experiences and knowledge here - so just ask away.

Hope you enjoy your new lifestyle.

Fairhaven Alpacas, breeding champion Suri alpaca in Temuka

More
9 years 1 week ago #463724 by Mousewhisker
Replied by Mousewhisker on topic joining in
Hi jenni24,
Yay, a local lsber :) I'm in Waihi too! We only have a 1/4 acre at the moment, but are looking to buy a small lsb somewhere not too far out from town. I agree this is a GREAT site and I have learned so much too, mostly from reading other people's questions :D .
All the best for your place - it's lovely in the hills round here, isn't it.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds