New member to LSB

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #35268 by Oyster Point
Hi to everyone on LSB!!
Earlier this year we purchased our first Lifestyle block 5 miles north of Kaukapakapa. We are really enjoying the lifestyle and the hard work that comes with it! Neighbours are very friendly and more than willing to help out a couple "newbies" to the neighbourhood.
Even though the property was only 10 years old, the land had being "let go" a bit, and we have worked hard to get it back in tip top shape and are really proud of the work we have so far done.
We currently have 10 pregnant Ewes. We did have up to 16 sheep at one stage to get the over grown paddocks under control, but have sold a few lately including our Ram.
My wife has 2 fully stocked vegie patches and we have plans for another one, as well as a fully enclosed Berry house which will be built in the next few weeks.
We have also built some large compost bins, and have planted over 50 trees for shelter belts in the paddocks.
I am interested to be part of the LSB website as I find many of the discussions and articles very interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #462452 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic New member to LSB
Welcome to the board. :)
Is your land flat or hilly, north or south facing, clear or weedy, etc.?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #462456 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic New member to LSB
welcome.. well don't on the work you have done knocking your block into shape.. very satisfying.. look forward to further up dates

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #462693 by Oyster Point
Replied by Oyster Point on topic New member to LSB
Our land is quite step in places but the bright side of that is that it drains well! :)
All the paddocks were around chest high but are now down to normal paddock growth thanks to our flock.
We are mainly East facing and have a lovely rural outlook over a wide valley which we get the most amazing sun rises over.
Being on the east side of a ridge, we don't get the spectacular sunsets over the Kaipara Harbour, but that also means we don't get the blustery Westerly's or Southerly's and are nicely sheltered from these wind directions.
I did forget to mention our 2 dogs ( Tana our 7 year old Black Lab, and Ruby our 3 year old Border Collie). Both are loving the open spaces of our new property and run and play for hours on end......
Our 2 cats are also working very hard to eliminate the number of mice on our property and never seem to tire from leaving us presents of dead mice around the house!

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds