Here to learn :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #34791 by DiscoW
Here to learn :) was created by DiscoW
Just thought I would stop lurking and say hello! I have really been enjoying reading through this website and forum, in preparation for hopefully soon being a LSB owner! We have an offer down on a property in Banks Peninsula :)

Hoping to do the usual plant a massive garden, with lots of fruit trees, and have a couple of animals for milk and maybe meat (we're currently vegetarian, but that might change, and the dog is raw fed). I grew up on a LSB so have some experience with the daily running of one, but have a lot more to learn! I'm particularly interested in learning more about rare breeds of livestock, oh and we're going to be fully off-grid, so gathering information about that sort of stuff like a squirrel :)

Am a complete dog nut if anyone ever wants to chat dogs too :P I compete in tracking, obedience, agility & working trials, and dabble in some other sports, as well as train other peoples dogs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #457754 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Here to learn :)
Welcome DiscoW, I am sure you will spend many a happy hour reading and posting as you travel through your LSB journey. Good luck with the offer on the property.

Can I suggest you post your photos as "thumbnails" as many of our members are on dial up and will not be able to see your photos at this size.
Cute and happy looking dog, I am sure your knowledge will be called upon for training dogs.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
9 years 2 months ago #457755 by DiscoW
Replied by DiscoW on topic Here to learn :)
Eeep sorry, I assumed this forum had an auto resize function, will sort it out :D

Thanks for the welcome!

More
9 years 2 months ago #458475 by DiscoW
Replied by DiscoW on topic Here to learn :)
My girl Elsie :)

Offer is signed, now just to get the bank stuff over and done with! :D

More
9 years 2 months ago #458511 by Poultry Valley and Lifestyle

DiscoW;459081 wrote: Just thought I would stop lurking and say hello! I have really been enjoying reading through this website and forum, in preparation for hopefully soon being a LSB owner! We have an offer down on a property in Banks Peninsula :)

Hoping to do the usual plant a massive garden, with lots of fruit trees, and have a couple of animals for milk and maybe meat (we're currently vegetarian, but that might change, and the dog is raw fed). I grew up on a LSB so have some experience with the daily running of one, but have a lot more to learn! I'm particularly interested in learning more about rare breeds of livestock, oh and we're going to be fully off-grid, so gathering information about that sort of stuff like a squirrel :)

Am a complete dog nut if anyone ever wants to chat dogs too :P I compete in tracking, obedience, agility & working trials, and dabble in some other sports, as well as train other peoples dogs.

Welcome to the forum, we love dogs too, we used to have German Shepard's, we now have Jack Russell terriers and a couple of Bloodhounds [;)] Pity you were not a bit closer as one of them has real issues and even though we got him at 16 months old and have now had him a few years, and he does trust us more now, he still has challenging trust issues with humans :( that will not change !
Our other boy is from the same breeder, and even had the same father ( different Mum ) but difference is we have had him from a puppy so he is fine, apart from when he gets on a sent and will not listen [:I] and just goes baying after any rabbit :) LOL

• germanshepherd
9 years 2 months ago #458514 by germanshepherd
Replied by germanshepherd on topic Here to learn :)
a nice clear photo of your dog Disco.Thanks for posting

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds