New to this

More
9 years 3 months ago #34660 by Country girl at heart
Hi Everyone,

Have just purchased a new property in Kerikeri, just 2.5 acres, but all in grass and flat. The soil looks quite good. There are some fruit trees already planted. Not sure if we will plant more fruit trees or fence some grass off and run a couple of sheep. I think my preference is to plant more trees. I rather fancy some of the heirloom varieties.

We love our new rural lifestyle and Rosie the dog thinks she is in heaven.....all that open space to herself.

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #456133 by wandering free
Replied by wandering free on topic New to this
Welcome to LSB, nice to see others starting down the same path we have been on, and 2.5 acres is nice size to manage. Heritage trees are a good investment not as susceptible to disease as the modern varieties with a few exceptions like Dayton apple.

Macadamias, walnuts, hazels, chestnuts, citrus, apples, apricots, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, quince, avocado, before you even start on all the vegetables you can grow.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

More
9 years 3 months ago #456157 by Country girl at heart
Replied by Country girl at heart on topic New to this
Thanks for that.

Will definitely look at heritage fruit trees as an option. Have already planted some veges and have big plans in that department.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds