More
9 years 4 months ago #34391 by Greg555
new member was created by Greg555
Hello all,

Live on a 2.5acre area - half of which is native bush (>80 years old) so I am not doing anything with it. Rest is is gardens and lawns.

I am a qualified horticulturalist and do gardening and lawns for a job so I have the best of all worlds!!! My hobby is my pastime is my job!!!!

Lived here for 9 years now. Was bought up on a 7 acre block as a teenager.

Came across this site when I was searching for a way to seal my concrete water tank which has just started seeping - right at the bottom of course!! I definitely do not want to empty it at this time of the year so the product I have found sounds promising - Cemiz Penetron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453387 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic new member
Welcome, Greg555. Have no advice on the concrete tank, but wanting to say hello and greetings.

I wish my hobby could be my living, but it's just beyond me at this stage. (Hobbyist dairy goat and rare breed goat breeder, milking for the house, making cheeses, loving the lifestyle.)

More
9 years 4 months ago #453390 by Greg555
Replied by Greg555 on topic new member
Thanks Andrea.

Yes I know I am lucky

• Akzle
9 years 4 months ago #453426 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic new member
wilkommen.

good luck with the tank. it's obviously shifting so next time you can it might pay to drain it and and put down a better footing. (300mm of sand) in the mean time i'd've recommended some silicone type stuff that cures underwater - as it will allow a bit of flex until the actual problem is sorted, where cement will not.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453466 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic new member
Hi Greg, welcome to the forum. What part of NZ are you in?

Hope you can get your tank problem sorted. Water's too precious to waste at the moment!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453467 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic new member
Hi Greg, welcome to the forum. What part of NZ are you in?

Hope you can get your tank problem sorted. Water's too precious to waste at the moment!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453472 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic new member
Get some marine kneed it from mitre10 and rub it over the cracks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 4 months ago #453507 by Greg555

Akzle;454330 wrote: wilkommen.

good luck with the tank. it's obviously shifting so next time you can it might pay to drain it and and put down a better footing. (300mm of sand) in the mean time i'd've recommended some silicone type stuff that cures underwater - as it will allow a bit of flex until the actual problem is sorted, where cement will not.

Not that easy to do in my case. The tank is part of the house and it was built in 1966 so am going to do what I can with it. I realise that I will have to replace it at some stage

More
9 years 4 months ago #453508 by Greg555

kaybe;454371 wrote: Hi Greg, welcome to the forum. What part of NZ are you in?

Thanks, I am in Kaitoke - the one outside Upper Hutt since there are at least 4 of them I know of :D

More
9 years 4 months ago #453539 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic new member
Hi Greg and welcome, new here too. Best of luck with your temporary fix, till you can sort it. Busy here trying to sort a trough, that's bad enough, how many wrenches does one need!

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
9 years 4 months ago #454224 by Greg555
Well I found somebody who could get the Cemix Penetron for me for the tank.

All I can say is it worked like a charm - easy to mix and apply sealed up within 0.5hours. Only problem I had was actually trying to find exactly where the water was coming from as the tank has a roughcast finish added to it and I ended up having to take an area of around 2m2 off, so i just sealed the whole lot.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds