Another newbie!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #34374 by Farm_mama
Another newbie!! was created by Farm_mama
Hello!!

My husband and I have always wanted to have our own lifestyle block and are now looking around nz with our 3 kiddos trying to find the perfect place to settle down, buy some land and start living our life. We are looking for any recommendations of places to see or visit where you think is good to settle down and have a fantastic farm.

I look forward to learning a lot from this site!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453259 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Another newbie!!
Good luck! What would you like to have or grow?
You will get wide ranging opinions about where the best part of NZ is, [;)] :D
but knowing what you want to be able to have or grow (plant or animal) will help.

More
9 years 3 months ago #455178 by Negodil
Replied by Negodil on topic Another newbie!!
Welcome and I hope you find what you're after.

You will find just about everyone will say their bit of NZ is the best but I'd recommend you heed the current weather reports. Droughts are not uncommon in some parts and can make farming on any size block very tough unless you have a good, secure water supply for irrigation. As Hawkspur says, knowing what you want to have on the block will assist.

We're in South Canterbury and are still green with growing grass, even without irrigation and virtually no rain. So for that reason I'd recommend here. You should also cosider if you still want to be near(ish) to a large population centre or not. Do you want hills or flat land?

Fairhaven Alpacas, breeding champion Suri alpaca in Temuka

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds