I have no idea what I'm doing...

More
9 years 5 months ago #33993 by Herewhon
Hello all!

Long time lurker, I figured it was finally time to introduce myself.

My family and I recently moved onto a (bare) 11-ish acre plot just outside the teeming metropolis of Masterton. This is my first time owning land (and first time owning a house), so the learning curve is exceedingly steep but I've enjoyed the journey thus far.

I've learned so much already from you lot already, and here's to learning lots more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #449641 by Aria
Welcome - that's a lovely part of the country!

More
9 years 5 months ago #449643 by eelcat
Welcome to the Wairarapa, there's lots of us here. Occasionally we have get togethers.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
9 years 5 months ago #449645 by reggit
Just keep asking questions on specific things as they come up. Most of us started out that way :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
9 years 5 months ago #449651 by Herewhon
Hey, thanks for making me feel welcome everyone. I feel like a member of the family already :D

Aria, the first few weeks in our new house I was convinced it was going to blow away. Literally, as in Alice in Wonderland. My wife's a local gal, and she keeps saying "oh, that's nothing" - I can't wait to see how severe the winds can get around here!

Eelcat, I had a look at your website and may come pay a visit in a couple of months!

Tigger, thanks. The learning curve is steep but I'll get there!

More
9 years 5 months ago #449653 by eelcat

tigger;450114 wrote: Just keep asking questions on specific things as they come up. Most of us started out that way :D

Yup - that's true!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds