my little pony?

More
9 years 5 months ago #33988 by ilovecakeallday
i everybody, I live rural but not on a lifestyleblock. I was hoping to host a pony for a couple of hours on my daughters birthday in a couple of weeks. Does any body know how I could make it happen? Just incase anybodys worried for the poor pony surrounded by too many little " sweet hearts" that all want a ride, not too worry only my two daughters will be present, and they would be just as delighted to pamper a pony as they would be to ride it, in other words it won't be a party hack ( corect terminology??) [:I]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #449596 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic my little pony?
Not sure where you are, but we have taken our 16 yo standie to two school fund raisers in 2012 with great results. there were others on the first occasion who were not asked back for the 2nd attempt, I think mainly because our boy is a tad shorter and more comfortable for wee children to get their head around riding.

Ask about such as fund raiser events and someone is sure to know someone else. That is how they found out about us, failing that try the local pony club or family riding people.

More
9 years 5 months ago #449613 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic my little pony?
if you are on facebook there are a few horsey groups you could join & ask there... even though the groups are selling horses, ponies & gear theres a lot of horse people who will see your post & may know of someone in the area :)

heres a couple to start with... theres heaps more

www.facebook.com/#!/groups/365430660162275/
www.facebook.com/#!/groups/268721763152463/

theres proberbly buy sell & exchange groups for you part of NZ on FB to so people there might know of someone

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

More
9 years 5 months ago #449622 by ilovecakeallday
Replied by ilovecakeallday on topic my little pony?
Aweome thanks guys, that's really helpfull!! I check out stuff on lsb all the time, it sooo helps with the chickens , and constantly see eye catching titles and end up learning a lot about stuff I don't even have yet, I guess its prep teehee, but that was my first post thanks for being so nice

More
9 years 5 months ago #449669 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic my little pony?
The thing I like about getting in touch with the President of the local riding group or PC they will know who has ''safe'' horses/ponies as opposed to someone seeing it as a money making opportunity who can't control their horse when they are riding it at classes, let alone when they are leading little tots about....

More
9 years 5 months ago #449672 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic my little pony?

swaggie;450141 wrote: The thing I like about getting in touch with the President of the local riding group or PC they will know who has ''safe'' horses/ponies as opposed to someone seeing it as a money making opportunity who can't control their horse when they are riding it at classes, let alone when they are leading little tots about....

ahh thats a good idea

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds