Newbi LSBer on West Coast!

More
9 years 7 months ago #33581 by Sue Mc
Hi, we have moved onto our block, complete with dogs, cats, chickens, a cow, heifer, two large horses plus our miniature horse.

we are removing our waratahs, horses dont do so well with them in the paddocks, and in time we may find someone who can complete our fencing! We have a nice old tractor called Trev...Massey Ferguson TEA20 (petrol) and he comes with a mower. So that is a good start!

Our hens love their environment and I should imagine we will enjoy our corner of the 'farm' more and more as time goes on.

It is just my husband "Mac" and myself "Sue" these days, kids grown up and have families of their own. So we are living the "good life" and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. The pace suits us but we have a steep learning curve! pasture being the main learning focus at the moment.

The West Coast is very different to Canterbury, it takes some getting used to. But we love it here and will remain.

Thats us...for now...we will read with interest and hopefully not ask too many silly questions :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #445242 by LongRidge
Welcome neighbour. Which part of Westland? At the very least, the weather will be far more interesting than Canterbury :-)

More
9 years 7 months ago #445298 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Newbi LSBer on West Coast!
All the very best for your 'good life' we are about to do this too, though some family though grown up will be coming with us.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
9 years 6 months ago #445997 by kindajojo
welcome Sue mac, I was born and grew up on the WC - would love to move back there, it may rain a lot but how else do you keep it so green and lush

More
9 years 6 months ago #446010 by Deanna
Oh please ask too many silly questions, then I won't look so bad!

I love the coast, envy, but Mr D could not go that far from income. So Dunsandel it will be we hope.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
9 years 6 months ago #446011 by Deanna
Oh please ask too many silly questions, then I won't look so bad!

I love the coast, envy, but Mr D could not go that far from income. So Dunsandel it will be we hope. Another newbie here, and welcome.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds