A newby

More
9 years 9 months ago #32877 by India Rose
A newby was created by India Rose
Hello to everyone.
My husband and I are now retired and have started out new. We shifted from a life time of living in the city and now have a 4 acre block. we are coming up to being here a year. We only have 2 hens of our own but a 3rd one (a stray) has joined in with them. We were told about her when we bought. Also along with the property that we bought came a duck. The only thing he does for us is that he lets us give him food. We have been given but haven't received yet a duck with some ducklings. Looking forward to that. We have a lot to learn but looking forward to it. Looking forward to reading the different forums and learning from it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #437658 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic A newby

India Rose;436852 wrote: Hello to everyone.
My husband and I are now retired and have started out new. We shifted from a life time of living in the city and now have a 4 acre block. we are coming up to being here a year. We only have 2 hens of our own but a 3rd one (a stray) has joined in with them. We were told about her when we bought. Also along with the property that we bought came a duck. The only thing he does for us is that he lets us give him food. We have been given but haven't received yet a duck with some ducklings. Looking forward to that. We have a lot to learn but looking forward to it. Looking forward to reading the different forums and learning from it.

Welcome to the forum. We have 14 ducks that let us feed them :) Assuming that you're right in him being a drake it will continue to be a one way transfer of food [;)] unless he ends up in the pot [B)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
9 years 9 months ago #437676 by India Rose
Replied by India Rose on topic A newby
Well..... we were told he is a drake and it will be continue to feed him. too tough for the pot. Talk seems to say he is at retirement age. :D

More
9 years 9 months ago #437729 by Sofia Rose
Replied by Sofia Rose on topic A newby
Hi India Rose, from Sofia Rose in Otaki :-)
I'm sure you will have Lots of fun on your retirement block.
Does the duck have a wee upwards curl on his tail? an indication that 'he' is a drake as opposed to a female duck.
I just Luv watching my ducks syphon water thru their beaks in shallow water :-)

Sofia Rose

More
9 years 9 months ago #438353 by India Rose
Replied by India Rose on topic A newby
The lovely duck that came with the property has a lovely curl to the tail feathers. Still haven't got the Duck and her ducklings. :( we'll wait

More
9 years 9 months ago #438570 by Sofia Rose
Replied by Sofia Rose on topic A newby
The lovely duck a boy then :)
I was given two luvely Swedish Blue ducklings a few years ago and named them Hortense & Abigail - yes well, they turned out to be Horace & Arthur [;)]

Hopefully you will be able to tempt the Duck & her ducklings with food :p

Sofia Rose

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds