Fresh goat milk

More
9 years 10 months ago #32680 by Sarah85
Fresh goat milk was created by Sarah85
Hi, I am trying to get hold of some fresh goat milk for my son as he is allergic to cows. We live on the Kapiti Coast. If anybody has any or knows where I can get some in the region would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #436131 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Fresh goat milk
Sorry to see no referrals for you. Sounds like a good thing to start up on the Kapiti Coast!

Have you by any chance asked the local Plunket people? They might know someone.

More
9 years 10 months ago #436133 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Fresh goat milk
We will have some that we sell for pet milk or for soap - we drink it ourselves but can only sell it to you for pet milk. What you do with it is up to you :D Our best milking doe is due to kid any day soon - you could come up from time to time and buy 5 litres

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
9 years 5 months ago #450011 by Tim Bulkeley
Replied by Tim Bulkeley on topic Fresh goat milk
I have a similar question. Does anybody know where I can get a few litres of Goat or Sheep milk in the Bay of Plenty?

I had a name but they have stopped having milk available.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #450146 by John M
Replied by John M on topic Fresh goat milk
Hi, is your son allergic to cows milk or the pasturised milk?

My daughter was allergic to pasturised milk then we tried raw milk. It cured my daughter.

Just raising the question. Not looking to start an huge cat fight :) Plenty of reading probably here and elsewhere on the internet for the argument, both for and against.

John

Breeding black Wiltshire shedding sheep.

Full shedding, easy care, good feet, easy lambing and good mothering is what it takes to make the breeding cut!

More
9 years 5 months ago #450185 by Tim Bulkeley
Replied by Tim Bulkeley on topic Fresh goat milk
In our case it's not an allergy, but that a protein in cows milk seems to enable the production of mucus leading to severe sinus headaches. Goats or sheeps milk do not seem to cause this problem.

More
9 years 5 months ago #450195 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Fresh goat milk
Sarah - did you manage to find someone in Kapiti? I have a friend that keeps goats and milks them every day in your area, don't know if she sells hers though but can find out if you want.
She is in Te Horo.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 5 months ago #450455 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Fresh goat milk
Shad, I would love her contact details, I love goats milk. I am not allergic to cows milk either, but the homogenised stuff in the super markets does not agree with my digestive system. I used to have a milking goat, would like another one in the future.

More
9 years 5 months ago #450476 by shad297
Kai I will send her an email and failing that I will give you one of her ads on Trade Me to look at so you at least have a contact.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 5 months ago #450521 by shad297
kai have sent you PM re goat milk.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds