Townie to LSB/lurker to member - hi from another cantab

More
9 years 10 months ago #32659 by cantabcook
I've been reading this Board for a couple of months now and loving the information and helpful vibe :) . We have an offer on a lsb just out of Cust and trying to absorb the huge amount of info out there.

We grow lots of our own veges and some fruit now on our 1/4 acre section but I need more space! Looking forward to getting to know you all better and I will have loads of questions as we get stuck into the house plans and then sorting out what we need on the block. So far we're thinking massive vege plot, berry grove, orchard (the kids are fruit monsters - hate to think how much they'll eat as teenagers), chook run, maybe some pigs and then?????? Who knows - making it up as we go along.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #435642 by Shropshire Blue
Welcome along, would that be one of those CRT blocks?

More
9 years 10 months ago #435660 by little red digger
:)
Hi welcome to the block. We are just up the road in Oxford and there are many more lsb members in the area.

Dave and Ruth, Oxford Contracting

More
9 years 10 months ago #435668 by cantabcook
Yes, that's the ones Shropshire. Anything dodgy about them I should know before I go unconditional lol.

More
9 years 10 months ago #435695 by Andrea1
Yes, welcome, from another up the road from you!

More
9 years 10 months ago #435796 by Seaside
Welcome cantabcook, good to see you here :) Hope all goes well with the buying and building.

Once you are over-run with eggs and are wondering how to cook your pigs' brains, you'll find lots of suggestions in the Cook's Garden and Recipes sections of this forum.

Louisa

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
9 years 10 months ago #435803 by cantabcook
Hey Lousia. Still not much happening and waiting to hear about resource consent. Have been working on the house plans (but a long way off still I think). Have had a nose at a few more properties out Fernside way now so getting lots of great ideas.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds