Hello from Wainui

More
11 years 7 months ago #32343 by GavinD
Hello from Wainui was created by GavinD
Greetings all.
My wife and I and our son have just taken up residence in the lovely Wainui area. We're renting at the moment but plan to buy in the area as soon as we can afford it. For now we have our 4 chooks and Ben the border collie to look after.Our plans are also to add bobby calfs to the land we have , as we have friends in the dairy milking industry and they have offered us a calf or two to save them from slaughter. I'm new to this lifestyle and all its excitement and spend the rest of my time away from home touring the world with bands and artists in there crew. This site looks like a great source of info and help so I'll be keeping my eyes on it and no doubt be piping up with questions from time to time.
Gavin and Anna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #432249 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Hello from Wainui
Welcome Gavin and Anna. :) How much land are you on? Are you going to permanently save the bobby calves from slaughter, or just until they're big enough to eat? Always be aware that the "free" animal is rarely that! If you want to enjoy excellent meat, buy a better animal than a bobby calf. Does Anna have to do all the work while you're not there? [;)]

More
11 years 7 months ago #432257 by caro
Replied by caro on topic Hello from Wainui
Welcome, we are not too far away from you, just past KKK, hope you enjoy the lifestyle as much as we do, you just can't beat it!!

More
11 years 7 months ago #432321 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hello from Wainui
Is there a Wainui in the Auckland area? I know the one on Banks Peninsula across the harbour from Akaroa. Also Wainuiomata over the hill from Lower Hutt.
So .... welcome. And which area are you in, because we can give better suggestions if we know the area?

More
11 years 7 months ago #432343 by caro
Replied by caro on topic Hello from Wainui
sorry, just presumed it was the Wainui in Auckland!! maybe not

More
11 years 7 months ago #432998 by GuitarGuy
Replied by GuitarGuy on topic Hello from Wainui
Wainui in auckland , just west of silverdale. we love it out here. After the crazy intensity of touring the globe its just amazing to come home and just take 9n the nature and the peace and quiet out here

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds