Newbie from Malaysia

More
10 years 1 day ago #32108 by stevetosh
Hi everybody, my name is Steve from Malaysia am a farmer in rock melon and chili using green house and fertigation system, am planning to migrate to New zealand soon and its my pleasure to say helo to everybody in the house and to know more about farming in New zealand.

Regard's,

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 day ago #429462 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Newbie from Malaysia
Welcome Steve keep int ouch, we are a great group. [8D][8D]

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
10 years 1 day ago #429477 by stevetosh
Replied by stevetosh on topic Newbie from Malaysia
Arnie thanks for the warmly wellcome...

More
10 years 21 hours ago #429478 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Newbie from Malaysia
Welcome, Steve! Do you know where you're going to settle yet? Farming can be quite different from region to region, because the climates and terrain vary so much from the top of the North to the bottom of the South, and everywhere in between. Best wishes with your transition.

More
10 years 12 hours ago #429531 by stevetosh
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for wellcoming me on board. As regards to were to settle down, I have made conclution yet this is why I joined the forum for more knowledge about were will be suitable for my type of farming which is mainly rock melon ( canteloupe ) and chlli, though am going to be using greenhouse for my farming.

I will really appreciate any advice and thoughts.

Regards,

Steve

More
10 years 12 hours ago #429533 by stevetosh
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for wellcoming me on board. As regards to were to settle down, I have made conclution yet this is why I joined the forum for more knowledge about were will be suitable for my type of farming which is mainly rock melon ( canteloupe ) and chlli, though am going to be using greenhouse for my farming.

I will really appreciate any advice and thoughts.

Regards,

Steve

More
9 years 11 months ago #429853 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Newbie from Malaysia
Hi Steve,

Where in Malaysia are you? I worked in Sabah in the 1980's and have also visited Jahore Bahru. I enjoyed my time in Malaysia very much.

Your planned crops are both suited to warmer climates than much of New Zealand can offer and although I understand that you plan to grow in greenhouse the heating costs are going to prove expensive. You best choice of location is probably the north of the North Island as this will give you both the warmest climate and the large customer population of Auckland.

Good luck with your venture :)

Cheers,
Tony

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
9 years 11 months ago #429862 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Newbie from Malaysia
Kapiti is suitable for growing chilies outside, there is a chili farm on the main highway. In general Kapiti is good for growing many things, just going on the number of market gardens there are around.

More
9 years 11 months ago #429911 by stevetosh
Thank you all for the response.

Organix, am in a city called Sitiawan in Perak State, abd yes you are rifgt warmer climates are more suitable for the kind of farming I engagged in, but I do wih to change enviroment and I am just sooo much inlove with New Zealand.

Kai am going to start research Kapiti and see what comes up. But i wouldnt know if there is anyybody here who own a glasshouse or greenhouse farm?

More
9 years 11 months ago #429912 by stevetosh
Thank you all for the response.

Organix, am in a city called Sitiawan in Perak State, abd yes you are rifgt warmer climates are more suitable for the kind of farming I engagged in, but I do wih to change enviroment and I am just sooo much inlove with New Zealand.

Kai am going to start research Kapiti and see what comes up. But i wouldnt know if there is anyybody here who own a glasshouse or greenhouse farm?

More
9 years 3 months ago #454288 by dragontamer
Replied by dragontamer on topic Newbie from Malaysia
Hi Steve, not sure where you are at with your move, but I grow dragon fruit, table grapes, and passion fruit in greenhouse at Te Puke near Tauranga in the Bay Of Plenty. You are welcome to come and see what we do, we might be able to work together..... good uck with everything

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds