Hi Everyone im on the look to start my dream

More
10 years 1 month ago #31821 by Dream_life_wanted
Hi,
I am the father of three and i have always wanted to have the chance to work and live off the land and be able to give this gift to my Children ( the gift of farm life ) , i have tried to find land or farms for rent but so far i have been unsuccessful. And as times get harder for everyone my dream may never happen but there is no harm is asking :)

If anyone knows how i would go about finding something can you please let me know

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #426123 by Ruth
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unless you are significantly resourced, you'll have to get away from Auckland's surrounds!

What aspects of farm life do you particularly want to share with your children? In the mean time you could visit farms so they get a feel for things. :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #426256 by 3 girls farming
good luck finding something.. there should be lots of lifestyle blocks for sale around the place because we all agree they are giant money pits but somehow we all hang on and stay on our little block of paradise.... even if it sucks every cent out of us... (wouldn't change it for the world!!!)

More
10 years 1 month ago #426370 by wandering free
If you have a look at this web page you will find a graph of property prices by region it might be helpful, Nelson average prices are $158000 less than Auckland and yet is has one of the best climates in the country, as long as you have access to water for irrigation,

When we came to NZ in 1997 we lived in Auckland but within 12 months had managed to move to the Nelson area, best move we ever made, as the worlds economy unravels I think cities are going to be the hardest hit, you need to plan for a self-sufficiency future. good luck with your search.

www.qv.co.nz/onlinereports/propertyvaluemap.htm

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds