Hi, newbie from just out of Hamilton

More
10 years 1 month ago #31777 by Dons
Hi, we have just finished our build (took almost 18 mths!!!) finally in the new house and have 2.5 acres to decide what to do with!! Have 3 kids, 7, 4 & 2, a husband that works too many hours and me deciding what I can do with this land as some sort of home business/and become more self sufficient with veges, meat, eggs etc! Bought a chicken coop, yet to get any chickens tho! We have 1 dog and a 3 legged cat! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #425786 by Andrea1
Welcome, Dons! Congrats on finishing your build - must be nice to be getting settled in. :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #425791 by Cinsara
Welcome indeed. Before you decide on the type of chook you want, I recommend you attend the poultry nationals which are at Hamltons Boys High this year, open to the public 7 and 8 July. You'll be amazed by the different types available.

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
10 years 1 month ago #425970 by greenfingers
Welcome and congratulations on your new house - we too are not far from Hamilton!

The Tree Crops association is a great organisation to join and see what others have done with their land in terms of self-sufficiency and income...the Waikato Branch also has their marvellous annual sale coming up with lots of fruit trees available at extremely competitive prices!

Enjoy plotting and planning!

9.5 acres with 300-odd pines and lots of wobbly fences [:D]

More
10 years 1 month ago #425972 by Blueberry

greenfingers;423859 wrote:

The Tree Crops association is a great organisation to join and see what others have done with their land in terms of self-sufficiency and income...the Waikato Branch also has their marvellous annual sale coming up with lots of fruit trees available at extremely competitive prices!
!

:p :p :p :p WHERE _ WHEN??!?! :p :p [}:)][:0] :D :o

Blueberry
Plant Hoarder Extragreediare!!

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 1 month ago #426012 by Twinmills
Tree Crop sale is at hamilton gardens early in July. I can find out ex date and let you know if you want me to :) :)

Me and
sheep
Chooks
dog[:D][:D]

More
10 years 1 month ago #426014 by michelle84
Hi, welcome, we are just out of hamilton as well. tauwhare!!!.
i found the book that is for sale in supermarkets. lifestyle blocks book on poultry a godsend!!!. we have our coop just finished, now to get the chooks and i want to buy one of those grandpas feeders at the fieldays.
free range eggs here i come!!!.

More
10 years 1 month ago #426067 by greenfingers
The Waikato branch of the Tree Crops Association usually have their annual sale in the first weekend of July, in the upper carpark of the Rose Gardens entrance.

Blueberry, check with your local branch when they are having theirs, 'coz not all branches have sales at the same time: treecrops.org.nz/branch/index.html

9.5 acres with 300-odd pines and lots of wobbly fences [:D]

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds