Hi from Hope near Nelson.

More
10 years 2 months ago #31430 by wandering free
Hi all, I found this website by accident and am pleased I did, we have been on our 2 acres for 31 years and after starting with virtually nothing on it, to now looking around the place to put my next fruit or nut tree, a lot we have grown from cuttings and seed or grafted.

We have had a few failures over the years form my bees being killed by sprays from the orchard at the back, the chickens ( beautiful Barred Rocks ) got Marek's disease, the ducks died of old age or were killed by a stoat, and the geese got into the vegy plot once to often for there own good.

But all in all it's a very good way to spend your time, mucking about wandering free.

Bryan and Joan.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422230 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hi from Hope near Nelson.
Hi Bryan and Joan. We used to live in Hope, for a couple of years 22 years ago (top of Burkes Bank). Now we have asses in Pergatory ..... no, that's not right .... now we have donkeys in Wairoa Gorge :-)

More
10 years 2 months ago #422236 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Hi from Hope near Nelson.
I'm recently from Kawatiri, not too far from Hope too. Now in China, but mum and my sister are still on mums farm, (294 hectares, so a bit bigger than a lifestyle block, but still a fine lifestyle for them), at Kawatiri.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
10 years 2 months ago #422272 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Hi from Hope near Nelson.
Welcome to the site, all are really helpful[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
10 years 2 months ago #422338 by wandering free
Hi All Thanks for the welcome, I was just looking through some of the other posts and what is interesting is the number of small holders that are from far away places, we should feel right at home having emigrated here in 1967 from Derbyshire in England and never been back but after finding Nelson in 1968 who would wont to.
Cheers Bryan and Joan

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds