New to all this

More
10 years 2 months ago #31417 by nicholsons
New to all this was created by nicholsons
:) This is our first posting but we have been loitering for a wee while but thought would take the big leap and say hellot today as we have bought an 8 acre lifestyle block just outside Taupo.
Seems impossible now that 1 year ago this was a dream for two UK-ex pats and now in few short weeks we will actually be in our home.

Owned by 3 cats, 2 kune kunes, 1 wee orphan wild piglet (Wiggles), 2 pigs, 9 alpacas, 4 sheep and 1 donkey. And at some point we also both work lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422074 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic New to all this
Welcome to the site, and congrats on your purchase! Hope all goes well with the shift and you get settled in well.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422143 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic New to all this
Congrats and welcome. Ex pat brit here too originally from Berkshire but was living in Dorset when I emigrated (not that I knew I was emigrating, came out for a visit ended up staying) 25 years ago.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 2 months ago #422151 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic New to all this
Hellot to you too from a 50-odd (some might say "very odd") son of UK ex-pats, who came out 60 years ago this year.
We used to camp in Reids Farm near the Huka Falls, back when the road was gravel and went close beside the river. Ahhh, the good old days :-)

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds