Wanting Boer Goats

More
10 years 2 months ago #31406 by puderine
Wanting Boer Goats was created by puderine
Hi there, we have just moved to our lifestyle block in Tauranga and keen to source some Boer goats and have a property well fenced and suited to them. Would appreciate any help thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #421930 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic Wanting Boer Goats
Welcome :) Try posting this on the "our place" board as more people look there :)

I have 2 which sometimes drive me up the wall but Im auctually looking for a buck for them sorry & I wouldnt wish my ones on you lol I has bitten my backside & leg more than once... shes very sneaky lol ... she was actually quite good 2 days ago for a change when getting her feet trimmed & didnt look like biting... maybe shes realised im trying to help
the other was a little naughty but I dont blame her as the footrot spray proberbly stung like crazy.
Im not sure what other peoples ones are like but if I dont trim my ones feet/check their feet & between their claws every few weeks they end up with something... especially if the weather is bad... the one that is usually the biter got an abcess a little while ago which I treated but it caused one claw to grow funny/longer than the other & it looks like its going to take weeks of a little at a time trimming to fix it

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

More
10 years 2 months ago #421966 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Wanting Boer Goats
Have a look at the Boer Goats website: www.nzbgba.co.nz . The best contact for the North Island is are Geoff Muggeridge in the Waikato. His contact details are on the website. In case anyone's interested in a South Island contact, it would be Owen Booth of Oamaru. I also have a Canterbury contact, if anyone's interested - please PM for the details.

More
10 years 1 month ago #423590 by puderine
Replied by puderine on topic Wanting Boer Goats
Thanks for help. have been on NZBGBA website and have spoken to Geoff who was very helpful. I'm still looking to source Boers goats - they seem hard to find at this time of year it seems.

More
10 years 1 month ago #423595 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Wanting Boer Goats
Ah -- sorry, I reposted the above info in your new thread on the Your Place forum. It would be a hard time of year, especially in the N Island, as I believe they will be near to kidding. Just keep trying is all I can recommend. Have you tried on TM at all? I know they come up down here somewhat regularly.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds