Big Buddy/Little Buddy - Rabbit Shooting

More
10 years 2 months ago #31340 by Jock
Hi

I mentor a 13 year old Kiwi West Auckland boy who lost his dad in 2009, since mentoring Travis he has grown in to a competent surf angler and tramper. He has shown a keenness to learn how to hunt and I would like to start him off by hunting rabbits, possums, rats and magpies using an air rifle under my supervision.

If any one out there has a property that this young man can learn to shoot on with in a 2hr drive from Auckland (Yes he's that keen) please get in touch. This is part of Travis ongoing development in to a good keen kiwi bloke!

My back ground is private investigations/security/CCTV and am more than happy to share my skills and knowledge as a trade off to allowing controlled access to a property. My objective is to help the young lad experience (and appreciate) the country life, who knows he may end up seeing agriculture as a viable career option later down the track.

Cheers

Jock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #421261 by muri
It could be possible at my house, rabbits only and they arent easy targets here,
Would have to know he has had a lot of target practice before he gets here and his accuracy levels arent too bad
I am near muriwai, you can pm me if you would like to try.
We might be a bit too 'urban' here tho, you would need a silencer

More
9 years 11 months ago #432556 by steve1234
Hi Muri.
Im a 20 year old uni student. i ahve been shooting for a while now. i used to go rabbit hunting but not since uni and want to get back into it... Do you think i could borrow your land? my gun is not too loud either.

Hope to hear from you

More
9 years 11 months ago #432578 by muri
Steve, I am not adverse to people trying to reduce my rabbit population but you would need to have a silencer as i am surrounded by other properties , many of whom have horses.
Altho i assume the horses are fine, i prefer to go down the track of a silencer. We are in a valley and noises reverberate up the valley louder than they are down here
If you can get a silencer and want to then suggest you pm me

More
9 years 11 months ago #432803 by kai

muri;431059 wrote: Steve, I am not adverse to people trying to reduce my rabbit population but you would need to have a silencer

he mentions he is planning on using an air rifle they don't make any noise except a small fizz

More
9 years 11 months ago #432869 by Kiwi303
loud "Phut!" actually, unsilenced spring operated air rifles that have enough omph to put down a rabbit reliably have a lot of power in the spring when it hits the buffer after firing.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds