Gudday from down south

More
10 years 2 months ago #31285 by Gallowaypye
Hi, wish I'd found this site years ago. My family have live on our ten acre block in Timaru now for five years. Lucky for us, our lovely neighbours have been patiently guiding us. (Sell!! NO don't sell yet!! etc).
What I'd really love is to find a kind horse to get me back into riding after a very long break. I find I can no longer deal with banana-brains, just want something steady, with nice paces that isn't going to turn itself inside out at the sight of a truck or plastic bag in the hedge. Oh, and doesn't have a five thousand dollar price tag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #420724 by RichardW
Replied by RichardW on topic Gudday from down south
Hello Gallowaypye,i'm the same too, i wish I'd found this site years ago as well,never mind we're here now.

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/

Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

More
10 years 2 months ago #420827 by Rabbit
Replied by Rabbit on topic Gudday from down south
Hi Gallowaypye and RichardW

We've been on our lsb for about a week and I'm so glad I found this site at the outset. Phew!

Looking forward to your future posts and learning from your experience along with the knowledge of other seasoned lsb dwellers on this forum.

Rabbit

More
10 years 2 months ago #420860 by Gallowaypye
Replied by Gallowaypye on topic Gudday from down south
Hi You two,
Thanks for responding, hard not to feel like a desperate third former in these situations.
How long have you been in the lifestyle? Had any escapees yet? I reckon that's when you realise you're not in Kansas any more, when you're knocking on neighbours' doors, asking if they've seen your cattle, sheep, horse...

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds