Hi from Glenn Murray

More
11 years 10 months ago #420857 by Ontoit
Replied by Ontoit on topic Hi from Glenn Murray
Ha yes well done Cinsara! No animals (chickens aside) so we can escape the busy world we know as the internet! Have replied to message thanks TKFarmer. Thanks for all the welcoming words of wisdom. Yes we would want to wait a little while to get some lambs due to the reasons outlined above. Best time for Weaners? Plenty of grass around here at moment so will see how we go, even if we did have to feed out to one cattle if grass ran out how many bails would the one cattle potentially chow through before old enough to be sent to our freezer ? I have been looking for some good books on this subject so any suggestions and I can start reading and stop asking so many questions lol!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #420859 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Hi from Glenn Murray
I have revised my opinion....I reckon you could do 1 beast and a couple of sheep if you manage the grazing and are prepared to feed if required. A heifer is killable well before a steer (something like 6 months or so) so that may be a preferred option for you, I don't finish any cattle so I'm not that sure of freezer ages. Feeding nuts and/or hay is good IMO as the animals tame down super fast and it makes for easy management and a stress fee demise.

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
11 years 10 months ago #420861 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Hi from Glenn Murray

Ontoit;418109 wrote: I can start reading and stop asking so many questions lol!

Pardon? Don't set the benchmark that high ontoit!!!! I'd be lost if I couldn't ask constant Q's on here :D

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds