Hi, I am new and keen to share goodness

More
10 years 3 months ago #31220 by Gaucha
I was born in a small town south of Brazil, not far from Uruguay, in South America. My family was in cropp and sheep farming.
My parents moved to the big smoke and when I was growing up Dad purchased land in the central plateu (Minas Gerais) of Brazil. I would spend my summer holidays there...one day I got married and went to live the idillyc life in a life style block in the hills south west of Rio de Janeiro.
Now I live in NZ, but long for a life in the farm where I can put my skills of cheese, bread, jam and preseves making as well as animal breeding and vegetable growing back to my former happiness way of glorious almoyt self sustainable life. I hope this all makes sense as I am a portuguese spoken and english is not my first language.
I love everything to do with nature, sustainability, animals and plants.
I hope we can discuss some ideas here in this great forum :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #420014 by RichardW
Hi Gaucha, your English seems rather good i think,
Good luck and i hope you do manage to get a piece land under your feet.

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/

Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

More
10 years 3 months ago #420017 by Ruth

More
10 years 3 months ago #420031 by muri
Am not too sure where you are located but you might be able to find a like minded group to join, such as cheese makers or similar which might help you to spend time with like minded people and follow your passions
You dont have to live in the country to be able to enjoy the things you like but you might also find communities where you can go and stay and help out on farms and enjoy that piece of your life that you feel you are missing at the moment

More
10 years 3 months ago #420033 by belinda_h
Hi Gaucha, and welcome. Where in the North Island do you live? I have a friend who speaks fluent Portugese and has similar interests.

More
10 years 3 months ago #420065 by Gaucha

RichardW;417187 wrote: Hi Gaucha, your English seems rather good i think,
Good luck and i hope you do manage to get a piece land under your feet.

Hi Richard,
Thanks for your welcoming note.
Yes, I hope so too[^]
Cheers and have a lovely day

More
10 years 3 months ago #420066 by Gaucha
Thanks Ruth!!

More
10 years 3 months ago #420067 by Gaucha
Hi Muri,
I appreciate your comments. I have separated from my partner and was in West Auckland. Nos I live in an partment in the city (totally the opposit of what I dream of), but I hope I can save enough money to buy a piece of land in the future, meanwhile I will find a way to mingle with the like minded ones :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #420069 by Gaucha
Hi Belinda,
Thanks for your welcoming note. I am living in Auckland at present.

More
10 years 3 months ago #420340 by thevarneys
My sister in law is from Brazil, and they have the best of both worlds as they spend 6 months over there and 6 months here.

We dont have any accommodation on our place yet (small house and lots of kids) but when we do, we want to join the WWOOFers scheme, whereby people come and stay and learn and help. And I would love to learn how they live sustainably in other countries.

But I am sure you will be able to find places to stay and help.

PS is a Gaucha a cowboy who rides horses and rounds up the cattle? :D

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

More
10 years 2 months ago #420826 by Gaucha
Hi The Vrarneys,

Thanks for your message.

I am sure I'llge there, have bee spending time with like minded people and all is going well.

You certainly have a lot there to keep yourselves busy or amuzed :)

Gaucha is the female for Gaucho which means person born in the "pampas" region which is in the south region of South America.
If you are born in Auckland you are an aucklander, when you are born in the Rio Grande do Sul state of Brazil you are then gaucho if you're male and gaucha (female born in Rio Grande do Sul)

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds