New Sheep farmer

More
10 years 3 months ago #31199 by stevi2011
New Sheep farmer was created by stevi2011
Hi everyone , Iam stev, a young sheep farmer . Just recently bought a life style block in hauraki - ngatea. I have had always interest in sheeps so bought 5 in a lot on my first buy and then 11 in another lot , they all female sheeps about 8 months old. then on my third buy i bought 2 rams - male sheep . have got total 18 now . this is enough for me i think, but i got a big piece of land . could anuone in the forum help me out and tell me what things i need to do for sheeps. i know very little about them, but i do know i need to medicate them , sheer them , please if u guys and let me how to do this or can i ask some companies to come and do it.
i also think my female sheep are pregnant - well some people are saying that to me , not sure if this is possible as the sheeps are only 8 months old.

any advise will be appreciated.

steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #419708 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic New Sheep farmer
Damn, my reply got lost by slow typing. Kate, can you find it for stev?

More
10 years 3 months ago #419916 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic New Sheep farmer
hey Stev check out the articles in the lifestyle file part of this site.... that will give you a lot of information to start with.
Also ask the people you bought the sheep from if they had been running with the ram, & if so what date were they put together so you can be prepared.

Oh btw if you have more than one sheep you sill have sheep not sheeps :)

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds