Moving to Ahuroa

More
10 years 3 months ago #31152 by theotherphoenix
In three weeks time.

Hi, there. We (me, husband, 2 kids 10 and 7) have just bought a 2.7ha lsb near Makarau, Rodney. It's been something we've been talking about for a couple of years and reading and researching and we were (are) very excited, but suddenly it's all very real and very soon and I'm having a minor freak out!

One day at a time, right?

Kara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #419164 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Moving to Ahuroa
KARA,If you are into organics, there is a great group of bio dynamic people in the makarau. They are really active and welcoming so if you are interested you could pm me and i could pass on a phone nu of someone in the Makarau for you
Good luck

More
10 years 3 months ago #419217 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Moving to Ahuroa
Hi there, you are not far from us we are in Waitoki, I know of some people in Burnside Rd are you near that?

More
10 years 3 months ago #419274 by theotherphoenix
Replied by theotherphoenix on topic Moving to Ahuroa
Hi Bev and Muri, and thanks! We're the next road north, on West Coast Road. (Please don't tell me bad things about it, I'm nervous enough already :D )

We did check that we're not in one of the flood zones. There's one either side tho, so I suppose we could potentially get flooded IN, even if we're sorta-kinda dryish.

I'm keen to figure out organic growing and animal care and all kinds of things, but honestly, I'm the biggest city-girl noob there is. I have a large and exciting learning curve ahead of me. I think the best advice so far came from the real estate agent. "Don't try to do it all at once!" :D

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds