Hiya from Ohoka!

More
10 years 3 months ago #31092 by OPD
Hiya from Ohoka! was created by OPD
Hiya, new to the blog thing!. I often read them searching for answers to my questions but have finally decided to register !. I am currently suffering from a seemingly common disorder called OPD ( obsessive poultry disorder ). My husband is looking for a cure but with no luck!...he is just putting down more home brew to cope!!. :) Love those chooks!!. We have an Olive grove which we ended up on as liked the house but hate olives!! Chooks love scratching around under them anyway! anyway look forward to sussing out chook problems !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #418555 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
yes you are right, OPD is a common complaint.. and no known cure..in my house its the hubby that is obsessed with his 'girls' .. i just keep pouring the wine and listening to all the stories about what they have been up to all day.. ( ok, that man needs a job!! )

welcome to the site.. lots of chookie peeps here, so you are in good company

More
10 years 3 months ago #418557 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
Welcome to the forum and the area. We aren't far away, in Swannanoa. Our chooks are now a handful of elderly girls, but we are experiencing an explosion of ducks.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
10 years 3 months ago #418564 by Shropshire Blue

More
10 years 3 months ago #418577 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
Hi OPD. Never thought of it as a disorder. I used to know how many chooks we had but then our neighbour gave us all his ones when he went off to Africa so now its a mystery to me. Funny how the black ones and the white ones among the new group roosted in different trees at first. Like apartheid.

More
10 years 3 months ago #418648 by OPD
Replied by OPD on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
Many thanks for the welcome, its nice to know there are others out there bitten badly by the chook bug!. Just wondering, launching in with the first problem....I have a 2 year old purebred lavender araucana hen that developed lameness in one leg two weeks ago. ( only bought her a month ago and didnt notice it then ). she is showing some paralysis and knuckles under sometimes when standing. She is bright, eating drinking etc and still laying. Cant feel anything obvious in the leg or joints, no swelling etc. ? tumour pressing on the nerve or injury/sprain. She is not currently getting worse but holding her own so just seeing how she goes....Too old to be Mareks? Any other ideas??

More
10 years 3 months ago #418664 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
Welcome, OPD! Just don't let the chooks overpower you... We have WAY too many! I've had chooks for 25+ years, and never get tired of their antics. Welcome to the forum! Just over in Burnt Hill area of Oxford... might bump into you at the Ohoka Farmers Mkt!

More
10 years 3 months ago #418711 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
Hi OPD ..... fortunately The Manager does not have that problem. She likes donkeys, so if you ever feel like an ass ..... ask us. They are great at clearing up olive plantations.
If you don't have it, a good book is the one written by Sue Clark. She might be along soon to tell you it's name.

More
10 years 3 months ago #418720 by Trace
Replied by Trace on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
Welcome to the forum.

• ErroroScousig
10 years 2 months ago #420356 by ErroroScousig
Replied by ErroroScousig on topic Hiya from Ohoka!
BitTorrent, the society to reprimand repayment exchange for developing the torrenty conformation that claimed beyond 100 million monthly bustling users, has launched a firsthand rank sharing diligence called Allot up on Thursday.
Designed to joust with DropBox and other cloud-based info sharing services, Portion allows a subscriber to deal files with an unconstrained coterie of physical contacts. Users can look at on files in current often while they are being shared, adding a procreative networking dimension to filesharing.
Serving has been built on Amazon’s EC2 and S3 services, according to GigaOm, which allows files to be cached in the cloud until the heiress has retrieved them. There is no make an estimate of limit imposed near BitTorrent looking repayment for users of the service. Other companies include offered like services but failed call of the payment of hosting elephantine amounts of materials, but Bit Torrent plans to balance out costs away means of distributing the bandwidth and storage begin into users of the repair, which is how the BitTorrent contract was designed.
This stylish software giving up comes at an engaging time affirmed the conflict of the anti-piracy legislation SOPA and the latest report highlighting U.S. attitudes and say of documentation sharing. The concept of sharing files aggregate friends and torrenty lineage, according to the go into conducted former times the American Convocation, a explore organization attached with Columbia University, is embraced proximate 70% of Americans.