Goats Milk North Canterbury, Christchurch

More
11 years 11 months ago #31054 by lenabosa farm
Hi

As a new member, we have been lifestyle farmers all our lives. I was given my first Saanen milking goat at the age of 11, and as many of you know, goat-keeping becomes an addiction!

We now run a small herd which we hand milk. We use most of the milk ourselves, but use some to handcraft goats' milk soap and goats' milk lotions. We also sell our excess raw goats milk as pet milk, fresh or frozen.

We have found goats' milk excellent for our family's sensitive skin, eczema and psoriasis. The soap, particularly, is highly recommended by my husband, who uses it as a shampoo bar to keep his psoriasis under control. He says it takes the itch away and reduces the skin flaking.

Our interest in making soaps and lotions extended to herbal balms and massage oils, all made with quality natural ingredients. www.lenabosafarm.com

As well as the goats, we run a few cattle and sheep for homekill, and the children have numerous pets - horses, dogs, cats, chooks, guinea pigs, and even a rabbitry owned by our daughters. www.breedingbunnies.webs.com/

I am interested to join the discussions here and share ideas.

Paulette,
Lenabosa Farm
www.lenabosafarm.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #418093 by Andrea1
Hello -- nice to see you here! Very nice page on the bunny colours on your daughters' website.

More
11 years 11 months ago #418103 by 3scoremiles10
You make that awesome insect repellant stuff that is so far the ONLY thing to work on reducing the itch when I get bug bites. :D

And yes, goat-keeping is very addictive - goats are awesome. We've also got cattle, chooks, dogs and a vege garden/orchard. Welcome to the conversation! :D

More
11 years 11 months ago #418148 by Trace
Welcome to the forum.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds