Hi

More
10 years 3 months ago #30954 by Flo39
Hi was created by Flo39
My husband Don & I live in Naumai 19 kms south of Dargaville.
We have 5 acres with an old Kauri Villa which we are doing up.
We have been here for 8 years after 25 years living in Takapuna Auckland.
The peace and quiet is fantastic.At present our 5 acres are planted in Kumeras.We also have a great orchard along with Araucana chooks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #417049 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Hi
Welcome to the forum, Flo! I envy your ability to grow kumeras, they're one of my favourite vege, especially the orange ones. We're just too cold down here in North Canterbury...

I have Araucanas as well, love their little feisty ways!

More
10 years 3 months ago #417072 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Hi
Hi Flo. With so many issues happening at the moment it probably has been a bad time to just say HI quietly. Laugh. So Hi from me as I have a very close connection with Dargaville. I lived there as a child and have recently been back for a family reunion. That included a trip down the very brown river to Te Kopuru and back. Not sure where Naumai is but will look it up.

Just out of interest, I stopped on the way to Ruawai from Dargaville (going home) and bought some Kumara ( 5 kilo picked the day before for $5 against near $5 a kilo here in Pukekohe at Countdown) and came across a new variety called Rose. Beautiful! The guy with all the "stuff" out on the road against the other wee stalls. Really nice guy there. You heard of that variety?

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds