A new begining

More
10 years 4 months ago #30771 by friday
A new begining was created by friday
Hi, my family (2 teenage daughters and Husband) and i have just moved into a little house with 3 acres and are very much looking forward to the challenge of growing our own veg, keeping Chucks and pigs........new experience for us all though have bred a few birds in the past when in UK. Will no doubt asl lots of silly questions.......... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414771 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic A new begining
Welcome Friday - congratulations on the move. There's a lot you can do on 3 acres, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414806 by Trace
Replied by Trace on topic A new begining
Welcome to the forum.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414932 by HIWTHI
Replied by HIWTHI on topic A new begining
Welcome! Dont worry I ask most of the silly questions around here! :)

[^] Home Is Where The Heart Is! [^]
Betty and Ricky (kune kune piglets), Sprinkles and Strawberry (bunnies) Lulu and Lucy (foxies), Millie (cat), Dora, Deigo, Swiper and Boots (ducks), 9 chicks and 10 Hiefers, Ripples the Ram, Bounce, Cider, Strudel and Sparkler our lambs :) Now in the hunt for a lovely milking goat...:rolleyes:

More
10 years 3 months ago #414988 by caro
Replied by caro on topic A new begining
No HIWTHI I think that honour belongs to me!! anyway welcome friday, I fulfilled my lifelong dream with my lifestyle block 9 months ago and have never been happier!! challenging, but rewarding. Ask lots of questions, the people on this site are amazingly supportive and knowledgeable!! they can also be argumentative and hilarious too!! you get it all on here!!

More
10 years 3 months ago #415811 by friday
Replied by friday on topic A new begining
Thanks to every one for the great welcome. Ok, about to get a couple of pigs........one to end up in the freezer and one to maybe breed from but both to be loved and cared for in the first instance in the best way i can....would like to free range them as much as possible and also thought about trying to rotate the area they are in and maybe also do a pig veggie patch to help feed them??? Any advice / suggestions would be gratefully appreciated :) never kept a pig, but i have been told i cook a mean maple syrup and mustard ham so thought i should do it with my own meat :D

More
10 years 3 months ago #415815 by friday

friday;411359 wrote: Hi, my family (2 teenage daughters and Husband) and i have just moved into a little house with 3 acres and are very much looking forward to the challenge of growing our own veg, keeping Chucks and pigs........new experience for us all though have bred a few birds in the past when in UK. Will no doubt asl lots of silly questions.......... :)

Life is 10% about what happens to you and 90% about how you deal with it.

More
10 years 3 months ago #416167 by Duchylady
Replied by Duchylady on topic A new begining
Hi friday, Welcome to a great site and your lovely new life. We don't move into our little house with 3 acres for another couple of weeks yet. So...you can try everything first :)
Have you got a copy of John Seymours - The Complete Book of Self Sufficiency. I've got an old version, but noticed that it is back in print. Its a great book and a great section on Pigs...well everything really

More
10 years 3 months ago #416552 by friday
Thanks for tip on book will try and get hold of it. Good luck with your move.

More
10 years 3 months ago #416560 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic A new begining
25 yeasr ago i go the self sufficiency books and read and read and read.. all seems easy .. HUH.. its hilariously funny learning what actually happens with animals ( they havent read the books )..you will love the pigs.. incrediably intellegent and naughty and fun add to that a couple of goats and you will be run off your feet :D

enjoy..

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds