New today

More
10 years 4 months ago #30725 by kam012
New today was created by kam012
Hi, I'm Kevin. We have approx 14 acres with 10 Alpacas, one cat and a recently adopted Pukeko family. We have been on this property for nearly 17 years and have enjoyed every moment being here. We built our house and are the original property owners.We run the block as a hobby farm as we both work. I'm hoping that these forums will come in handy for any 'expert' advice I may need and hopefully I can help someone as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414051 by Trace
Replied by Trace on topic New today
Welcome to the forum Kevin.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414062 by kam012
Replied by kam012 on topic New today
Thank you

More
10 years 4 months ago #414063 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic New today
Hi Kevin .. welcome along.. which part of paradise is your block?.. and why havent you got a heap of 'clingons' after 17years.. 1 cat?..how did you manage that.. should have at least 6 strays.. way tooo many chooks and ducks breeding like mad..not to mention dogs,goats,cows etc..

what is your secret for keeping the homeless waifs at bay?

:D

More
10 years 4 months ago #414068 by kam012
Replied by kam012 on topic New today

stephclark;410628 wrote: Hi Kevin .. welcome along.. which part of paradise is your block?.. and why havent you got a heap of 'clingons' after 17years.. 1 cat?..how did you manage that.. should have at least 6 strays.. way tooo many chooks and ducks breeding like mad..not to mention dogs,goats,cows etc..

what is your secret for keeping the homeless waifs at bay?

:D

Thank you. Our 'paradise' is in Rolleston Christchurch. No strays, only other cats we see are from neighbouring blocks and even they seem to keep to their side of the fence most times. The other wild life we have are Plovers, magpies, pheasants, one or two pasing visits from a couple of paradise ducks and as mentioned before, our Puuk family. Will be glad to see the end of them, they have adopted a water trough that they bathe and poop in, not a good thing for stock. No need for chooks, know plenty of others who have eggs available. With my line of work (self employed electrician) I visit a few lsb's and usually come home with a few homegrown morsel. We grow a small amount of elephant garlic which we sell.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds