heres a pic of my big black cock

More
10 years 4 months ago #30720 by pigeonboy
My first post hasnt had many views, probably the title. Lets see how this goes.
This is a racing pigeon. I don't race but like keeping racers because they are great parents for the fancy breeds, they fly well and look so strong like a thoroughbred horse.

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/410561=9954-black racer.jpg[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414003 by kaybe
Looks big - about 10 inches would you say?

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414007 by pigeonboy
haha, *blush*

Its ok I finally got interest on my first post lol, thought you guys were a bunch of snobs for a minute there

More
10 years 4 months ago #414012 by foufee
Welcome

and excellent work on the attention grabbing title :P

he does look like a nice bird

More
10 years 4 months ago #414013 by Stu_R
:) he is a nice looking bird...and agree with your comparison to a thoroughbred horse :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #414023 by kaybe

pigeonboy;410566 wrote: Its ok I finally got interest on my first post lol, thought you guys were a bunch of snobs for a minute there

Nah we're a friendly bunch mainly, but I bet many LSBers head to bed pretty early on a Sunday night after working hard all weekend on the endless list of jobs!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414027 by stephclark
[:I].. love the title.. had to have a peek!..

he is a lovely looking brid.. just love the slight tilt of the head and the bright eye .. always watching

More
10 years 4 months ago #414031 by muri
Ha, very funny, could have left the word black off tho for ultra effect.
Last night did look to be quiet on the forum.
I used to love pigeons as a kid and every time we went out we had to take a bevy of birds in the back of the car to be released on arrival.
Always a thrill to get home to find them waiting
Your boy looks like a fine upstanding citizen

More
10 years 4 months ago #414103 by Andrea1
Welcome! We have a few mongrel pigeons hanging around our barn. We first got 3 aged tumblers, and they lasted a good 6 years before they carked it. They made numerous attempts at offspring, but every nest blew out of the trees they nested in. Then we got some racing/tumblers, and smartly took up residence in the barn, and we went from 5 to about 25 in 2 years. Then the hawks moved in. Now we're down to about 7 or 8, and this lot hasn't been very successful in reproducing for whatever reason. We've had two cock birds turn up and stay, so got some new genes that way. They do poop up the barn, but I do like having them around. They've lovely to watch soaring about, and quite comical joining the chooks at feeding time every day. They go out in the paddocks and break up cow poop, which is a useful service, so they kind of earn their keep (not that they eat much at all!).

More
10 years 4 months ago #414105 by pigeonboy
Cool. thats nice to know you don't mind them living there. some people would shoot em or catch and cull them. I didn't know they broke up cow poop, they are picking seeds out of the poop right?

More
10 years 4 months ago #414106 by pigeonboy
This racer is a mealy (red bar) cock

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
10 years 4 months ago #414124 by Andrea1

pigeonboy;410672 wrote: Cool. thats nice to know you don't mind them living there. some people would shoot em or catch and cull them. I didn't know they broke up cow poop, they are picking seeds out of the poop right?

Yep, picking out seeds. I love to watch them fly. Most of them are white, so they flash all over the place when they're playing in the air.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414129 by DiDi
Jeez I must be getting old. I found the headline offensive - not for me so much but for the fact that I know Kate doesn't need someone on the internet of whatever persuasion typing in "Bl##k C##k" and arriving at this website.

Each to their own I guess but why the headline. Beautiful bird I agree but...

More
10 years 4 months ago #414159 by pigeonboy
Sorry Miss, didn't mean to offend and I imagine other peoples expectations were let down after opening this thread also. Hey at least it wasn't a pic of my little white one lol Any bets on how long before I'm banned?

More
10 years 4 months ago #414161 by pigeonboy
see! hes not as nice is he?

Attached files
File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds