Hiiiiiiiiii

More
10 years 4 months ago #30717 by pigeonboy
Hiiiiiiiiii was created by pigeonboy
Hi everybody I'm Luke. This site looks interesting.
Anyone into pigeons? I love pigeons, big ones, small ones, thin ones, fat ones, I keep around 100 birds and my favourite breed is the Frillback.
I would love to get more people interested in pigeons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #413997 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Hiiiiiiiiii
Hi pigeonboy, and welcome. :)

What kinds of pigeons interest you most?

I know little about pigeons, but think the kereru is a fairly amazing one.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414004 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Hiiiiiiiiii
Hi Luke, I'm more of a chicken person but I have seen some spectacular pigeons at the local poultry show. I don't know what breed they are though - they're black and white and stand sort of tall and skinny looking like supermodels in an elegant long dress....

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414005 by pigeonboy
Replied by pigeonboy on topic Hiiiiiiiiii
Hello, I like the native wood pigeon too. Always thought it would be cool to make a domestic pigeon breed to look like our wood pigeon but it would be real hard to get that beetle green sheen on the head and crop. I have a few racers, rollers, high fliers, tipplers, frillbacks, theifs, norwich croppers and english carriers.

this is a frillback

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
10 years 4 months ago #414006 by pigeonboy

kaybe;410563 wrote: Hi Luke, I'm more of a chicken person but I have seen some spectacular pigeons at the local poultry show. I don't know what breed they are though - they're black and white and stand sort of tall and skinny looking like supermodels in an elegant long dress....

Probably some sort of pouters, maybe pigmy pouters, or brunners
I wish I had more room, I would keep them too

More
10 years 4 months ago #414025 by kaybe
The pouters are interesting and they do fit my description, but I forgot to add the model is wearing a big fur ruff - Jacobins is what I was thinking of. They are stunning looking birds.

More
10 years 4 months ago #414101 by pigeonboy
oooh yes I love Jacobins, getting quite rare now. there was none in the npa show down here last year. I used to breed and show bantams as a kid in blenheim - spangle pekins and black rosecombs

More
10 years 4 months ago #415243 by mikethebike
Replied by mikethebike on topic Hiiiiiiiiii
we keep ring neck doves they are much the same but i find they are much tamer, most racing pidgeons are Rock doves, native to southern europe mostly they were brought into northern europe by the romans for food and eggs until they were found to be good for homing and therefore make excellent messenger pidgeons, Oh yeah and welcome luke.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

More
9 years 5 months ago #449480 by Amaughfarms
Replied by Amaughfarms on topic Hiiiiiiiiii
We keep and race pigeons, mine are very tame they eat from my hands and will perch on me when I'm working inside the loft, they trust me. Mine come from excellent bloodlines of proven racers so I take extra special care of them above all else I find them relaxing to be around.

I'm looking for Roller Pigeons if anyone knows where I can get some

More
9 years 5 months ago #449557 by kaybe
I came home to find something has eaten most of my white doves while I was on holiday - probably a ferret :-( My neighbour who was feeding the animals managed to rescue one pair out of 14. Why do these things always happen while we are away???

Amaughfarms, I'm sure I've seen Rollers at the Waikato pigeon & poultry show. It's on in May, maybe you could contact the Club to see if any will be entered and pop down for a weekend?

More
9 years 5 months ago #449558 by kaybe
I came home to find something has eaten most of my white doves while I was on holiday - probably a ferret :-( My neighbour who was feeding the animals managed to rescue one pair out of 14. Why do these things always happen while we are away???

Amaughfarms, I'm sure I've seen Rollers at the Waikato pigeon & poultry show. It's on in May, maybe you could contact the Club to see if any will be entered and pop down for a weekend?

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds