New to lifestylin'

More
10 years 4 months ago #30509 by shepherdgirl
Hi, I'm abbey. A newbee to the lifestyle block scene.
Spent almost 10 years shepherding on larger blocks and finding I spend almost as much time looking after my animals now on 10 acres as what i did before!
Everything here earns their keep or has a purpose at least: lambs and heifers are all heading for the works, ewes for breeding and mopping up paddocks, chooks deliver the eggs and what ones don't will be in the pot. Dogs are either sheep dogs or 'pest control', there is a 12 yr old "converter" here, but he is retired and spends his time sleeping on the deck. My sisters horses are also here and they always seem to find the worst moment to come stand in a gateways!! But also enjoy having them kicking around.
Really enjoy my deer stalking when i can, so always on the look for new, tasty recipies.
I'm into the animal health side of farming too and have learnt a lot. I have also spent a lot of time reading some of the forums here and there are some really helpfull people in this 'community' and i look forward to learning even more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #411561 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic New to lifestylin'
Wow - sounds a lovely lifestyle! Welcome!

More
10 years 4 months ago #411692 by anaclar
Replied by anaclar on topic New to lifestylin'
Sound like you have the ultimate set up and I am looking forward to learning a heap from you too

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds