hallo from Norway

More
12 years 1 month ago #407785 by lars arsbjorn
Replied by lars arsbjorn on topic hallo from Norway
Takk for varm velkomst, det er for øyeblikket - 11 og snør, ville vi elsker å være i New Zealand

ha det bra, adjø
Lars

( i am from the Scandinavian my translation poorest in english)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #407787 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic hallo from Norway

LongRidge;403734 wrote: Where in Norway? I also had an interesting time in Norway in 1984.
Are you the person that was trying to have clothes-optional farm stays in NZ, that posted on here about 2004? It won't work in NZ. There are too many sharp plants and biting insects :-).

Indeed! I once had an elderly Maori gentleman stop by as I was sitting on the grass in a park with my grandchildren. He explained that Maori never sit on grass - and I could quite imagine where the tradition came from given the days before underpants!! :-)

Bad enough going out in my jandals around the farm these days - but who wants to put gumboots on without socks, and I hate wearing socks in the summer!

That said, optional clothing is great, but the sunscreen costs for our NZ rays.... [8D][8D][8D]

More
12 years 1 month ago #407808 by FarmerEms
Replied by FarmerEms on topic hallo from Norway
Jandals around the farm is a great idea in the summer...!

Growing the LSB one kid/lamb/calf/piglet at a time.. [8D]

More
12 years 1 month ago #407826 by muri
Replied by muri on topic hallo from Norway
Lars, you would find our farming ways very different from yours.
The animals are outdoors all year, a cold day in winter here in auckland would be about 8 degrees and we are all shivering, not like your -25. Our main problem in winter is not the cold but the wet and hence the mud. We are able to farm quite intensely. I have 10 acres [1 acre =4000sm metre or 1 mal] and 20 sheep and 5 head of cattle [a small breed called low-line angus] I kept 15 bales of hay for the winter and only used half of that as I had enough grass all winter that the cattle only ate the hay on the coldest of days
How many sheep and cattle do most norwegian farmers own?
Hilsen, muri

More
12 years 1 month ago #408114 by lars arsbjorn
Replied by lars arsbjorn on topic hallo from Norway
Many hence we had placing hope locating to New Zealand cold climate has no friend in arthritis coming with age therefore difficult

Our farm is not now for consumption however produce regarding planting we use, eel and elk for consumption however yes

location is very appealing and endeavour to ensure all requirements are made, example no power we make own, example no bread, we bake, example no milk, we have cows for milk or goat.

many warm greeting returning

ha det bra, adjø
Lars

( i am from the Scandinavian my translation poorest in english)

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds